Saturday, July 22, 2017

Dirty to Clean Pours.. and more!

More Dirty Pour Paintings...

Autumn Falls

Blue Chase

Blue Velvet


Sutter Hill, CA

Brain Waves

Sea Foam

Warp

Serene

Convergence

 and now - HOW TO DO CLEAN POURS:


  1. Mix the paint exactly the same as for dirty pours except no Floetrol or silicone. Just paint, pouring medium and water.
  2. Prepare canvas the same way.
  3. I pour the paint (of each color) directly on the canvas and move the canvas around for it to move in the direction I want it to go.
  4. For the following painting, Malloy's Lake (Inspired by an art print by Matthew Malloy), I poured red, yellow, fuchsia, blue and white in diagonals across the top 2/3 of the canvas. Then I titled the painting so that the colors would mix and combine to create this awesome sunset. 
  5. I let that set up for about 4 hours before I poured the bottom third of the canvas. That would be stripes of green, brown, yellow, and light brown. These would be diagonal but not as extreme as the sky was. I was trying to get the look of fields and a meadow.
  6. When it was dry, I painted with black-brown mixture of acrylic the small hills and trees. On the bottom third I added a little brushwork in brown to indicate plant growth.


Malloy's Lake

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment