Sunday, November 9, 2014

Creative Inklings

It's late Sunday night. Everyone's gone to bed. I hear the house noises - the fridge is running and a clock is ticking. The dishwasher's timer just kicked in and water runs in to clean the dishes.

It is this time -well past 10:00 PM that I love. The quiet. The creative comes out to play. The later it is, the better I like it to play with my watercolors, inks, pens, and pencils. It's me-time. 

I've been playing with some inks and decided to create some abstract, mixed media pieces for my Society6 shop. You can find my art prints, totes, clocks, and throw pillows there. A great place to shop for holiday gifts this season.


Here are some of my late night inklings. I like to completely wet a piece of watercolor paper and take Dylusions Ink Sprays and spray a bit of color here and there and just let it run and do it's own thing. Sometimes I'll take a stencil and spray over it and then turn it upside down on another paper and get the "negative" or reverse image. You can have so much fun with these inks. I often will take other paint (usually watercolor or watercolor pencils) and add to mix - and maybe add some washi tape or other mixed media collage elements.

Cloud Burst

Aqua Flow

Dancing the Blues

Architecturally Speaking

The other thing I will do is create a large mixed media sheet and then scan it in, crop pieces out of it that are interesting and create them into their own abstract images.

Mixed Mania

Joy

Ice Cream ABCs

Paris Ozone

I hope you are having a creative day! Catch me next time when I will be doing some abstract watercolor flowers.
Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment.

16 comments:

  1. Lovely art, Telva. Some of these new ones could be turned into backgrounds for new works as well. Printing them and then add new art on top, perhaps using the same background for several new ones, making a series.
    Great shop, and good luck! I'm struggling with making a decission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laila - great ideas - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Play time! Love it Telva. I have those spray inks too and don't play with them often enough. Thanks for the reminder. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The inks are great fun but so messy! I've been trying to use stencils of all types and next on my list is the gelli plate. I bought it in March and there it sits on my shelf frowning at me every day. I guess I'll make you a promise I will post a gelli plate image by the end of the month!! :-)

      Delete
  4. So very beautiful! All of your pieces are vibrant..full of life and carry fantastic energies!
    Victoria

    Thanks for visiting me too from Friday Sketches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Victoria! Aren't Friday Sketches too much fun? I love to see what everyone else is doing! :-)

      Delete
  5. Look at you go - didn't you recently say something about whether or not you are an artist? No question about that in my mind - so lovely and so different from other pieces I have seen - you have quite a range!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hawkes - what a nice thing to say! I am feeling more confident these days and using different types of media (mediums? hmmm not sure there) and astonished when things look good all of a sudden. It's self-discovery I guess. :-)

      Delete
  6. What a marvelous selection of vivid, bright artworks. Really cheered me up. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Studio Kaufmann! And your comment really cheered me up! Hope to see you again next Friday!

      Delete
  7. Many gorgeous pieces and love your bags!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Giggles for stopping by to say hello and taking a peek!

      Delete
  8. Wow I love these. All very colorful but soft to the eye.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete