Friday, November 7, 2014

Doodle Time

I've been doodling my entire life. I have some exceptional doodle art from when I was very young.
What I love about doodling is how freeing of the mind and reality it is. I use it quite often in stuffy, boring meetings at work where people are just talking to hear themselves talk. I always keep my handy 8x10 quadrangle-ruled book with me "just in case". If something works out, I copy it on watercolor paper, use my pigment ink pens and watercolor pencils or paint to add some life to it.

Here are some of my doodles from this week:
Since taking Dion Dior's watercolor courses, I've discovered how much I love seeing birds in my art.

 Here we are, under the sea - couldn't resist adding a jelly fish. Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils done in a Stillman & Birn Zeta sketchbook.
Another sea shore inspiration - sometimes B&W is all it needs.

Inspiration from Dion's class in the water soluble series - feathers! They are so much fun to create and add texture. Derwent Inktense Watercolor Pencils on Pentalic Field Book Paper (140 lb).

A double bloom in ink and Sennelier watercolors on Stillman & Birn Zeta paper.

I've been experimenting with scanning in my paintings vs. photographing them. I seem to be getting a better quality product in the end. This weekend will be spent trying to figure out which printer and what paper will be best for producing prints. I'll share my findings next week!

Thanks for visiting - Happy Weekend!
Check out my gallery

2 comments:

  1. Telva, what alot of beautiful work. They are all so different, and each very lovely and detailed. Your feathers blew me away.
    Can't wait to hear what you find for making prints. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete